Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shana Tova!

OK: the cues are run through, I've proofread my sermons (and will probably miss some typos), and am otherwise ready for these High Holidays.

Rosh Hashanah in a new congregation is very exciting and daunting. For many folks this will be my first time meeting them. It will be different for all of us, and I hope a positive experience. It's a wonderful way to start the new year, but also a lot of responsibility. I've gotten some really terrific feedback in my first couple of months, and I hope this allows us to continue the conversations as we move forward this year.

I'm blessed that I'll get to have my whole family together for the holidays this year, for the first time since I was in High School. At the same time, I'll be missing friends I've made over the years who are celebrating at other communities.

May this year be a good, a healthy and a sweet New Year for all of us; one that realizes its promise and potential.

On a related note: I'll be on The Rabbi Speaks again this Sunday at 9am (ish). Click the link for the live stream the day of. A little sermon on Teshuvah (though less timely than it could have been) for the second day of the holiday (or the day after, if that's your thing).

Shana tova!

2 comments:

  1. Ellie and I enjoyed the Rosh Hashanah services a great deal. More than last year. Can't put my finger on it, but there was more joy, more togetherness, more..... The prayers were the same, but there was this new rabbi, and I think he made the difference. I know he made the difference :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nicely nuanced sermons! Your English major at Oberlin shines through :-)

    ReplyDelete