Thursday, October 6, 2011

In Preparation « Frume Sarah's World

From Rebecca Schorr's blog; a wonderful reminder of what real tshuvah looks like.

G'mar Chatimah tovah folks!

In Preparation « Frume Sarah's World:

"To all those I might have slighted, offended, or upset during the year 5771,

Please let me know. Really.

I cannot give a blanket apology for unknown sins/transgressions/mistakes. For in doing so, I am unable to correct my behaviour in the future. And I would be unable to make a direct confession to God. Or an apology to you.

True repentance cannot be done on a Facebook status or in a 140-character 9or less) Tweet. It is a process that requires us to turn and face those whom we have wronged. To face ourselves. And to face the Holy One.

Please grant me the opportunity to say, “I have wronged you and I am sorry.”

G’mar Chatimah Tovah (May you be sealed [in the Book of Life] for good),
Frume Sarah"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment