Thursday, March 18, 2010

We're so sad to see you go.

Hadn't done any maintenance in a while (not that this little corner of the interwebs requires much maintenance), but I noticed that the Co-Stars blog had been essentially turned off, its content removed. I'm really sorry to see it go; STAR was an amazing organization filled with really committed people and while the programs they ran (Synaplex, PEER, Good to Great) are either gone or transformed, I suspect what they were promoting will have long lasting influences on my generation of rabbis and volunteers.

In the meantime, I've added a new blog, my friend Ilan Emmanuel as the Sci-Fi Rabbi. As a pretty hardcore sci-fi nerd (friend 1: "Kirk was the first captain of the Enterprise, right?" Friend 2: "no, it was Christopher Pike." Me:"...actually, it was Robert April." Yes, I know these things.) and as someone interested in how good science fiction intersects with Jewish tradition viz. storytelling, I'm curious to see how this all unfolds.

On a totally different note, I shlepped back up to Shir Ami in Newtown today to bring a convert to Mikveh. It's one of my favorite rituals and it's always a joy to welcome someone into Jewish tradition (he had already completed beit din and hatafat dam brit, or the drop of blood required for those who are already circumcised) but it was an added bonus to be able to say hello and catch up, even briefly, with the people I worked with--and still consider my friends. I was glad to see what was the same and glad to see what was different (I still can't get over the new carpet in the religious school wing, though. Nice), and just left happy (albeit rushed to make my next appointment) and with a sense of really being blessed to do amazing work with such amazing people. And then I hit Philadelphia traffic. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment