Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Rabbi Speaks (on the radio)!

So one of the interesting things that happens when you're a rabbi in a medium sized, geographically concentrated Jewish community is you get to go on the radio! WDEL , the local am station, has a Sunday morning program called "The Rabbi Speaks", and all the local rabbanim get to record a 9 minute segment every other month or so. Today was my first recording. Gerald Butts, introduced me to the studio and did the recording (I came in under). It was fun, albeit nervewracking (like most people, I'm not thrilled with the sound of my own voice).

So if you're interested, you can hear the program live at WDEL this Sunday at 9:05am (just hit the "Listen Now" button on the website). I'll try to figure out if I can get a copy to post legally or if they archive it online somewhere. Also forgot to get pictures; will do so next time in September.

I'll be curious as to the response, as it involves a little Pink Floyd (two different songs). So we'll have to see!

1 comment:

  1. missed it on Sunday, and can't find it today (Monday)on their web site. do you have a link/url?

    ReplyDelete